There’s no reason this tree should be growing the way it is. It’s surrounded by stones. It should be contained. But instead it fights back and does what it wants. It knows that this place is the perfect place for a beautiful tree.
Whatever you’re doing, don’t let a difficult situation stop you. Your progress may be slow at first, but it will pay off later. Just keep at it🙂
“Unlocking Knowledge, Empowering Minds”
It is what every engineer dreams of; to study at the MIT.
It’s like the unattainable forbidden city that you are either afraid you wouldn’t get accepted or you are afraid of how tough it’s going to be when you join!
Those days are now gone with MIT providing it’s teaching materials FREE …. yes …. “FREE” on the web at the MIT OpenCourseWare.
This is one of my favorite comments about the course that I would like to share it with you:
“I am physically disabled, mentally disabled and financially strained; therefore, I am stuck at a very low-paying job, which will never afford me a higher education, plus I have ruined my credit because of my naivety, but I have dreams just like everyone else, the dream of not only helping ourselves, but to help our family, friends, and the universe! Thank you MIT for not giving up on me by allowing me to still have access to higher education and still be able to dream and have hope!” by EasternMerchant’s
But the downside of it is that you wouldn’t hold a degree, but then again we should always strive for education and this is how anyone can exponentially develop!
MIT is not the only university offering it’s course materials for free. So keep on digging; find what you want to learn and get started!
What do you think Apple needs to do to regain the title of the world’s most valuable company?
Secrets to longer stronger hair in a year or less
Everyone wants to have hair like we see in the shampoo commercials. Having longer stronger hair can make a person feel more confident and attractive. It can take a little work but achieving perfect luscious hair quick isn’t all that far fetched, and it may not take you years to achieve. There are a few factors you’ll want to take into consideration
A healthy diet
Eating foods high in protein, such as eggs and fish can really boost your hair growing. Eat a lot of greens as well. Make sure you’re getting enough iron, drink a lot of milk, and try to maintain sufficient vitamin levels overall. What’s on the inside will definitely show on the outside, if you’re healthy inside your hair will be happy and healthy. Nuts are also an excellent source of vitamins. also, make sure you’re…
View original post 179 more words
Last month, we shared tips from WordPress.com users who use Custom Colors to spice up their sites. You can also personalize your online home with Custom Fonts, which is another feature of the Custom Design upgrade.
For inspiration, let’s take a quick peek at four blogs using Custom Fonts. Then, we’ll show you how to try out and preview fonts — right in your dashboard.
A graphic designer in Manchester, England, Mark designs blogs, websites, and magazine covers, so he knows a thing or two about making his own site look good! His scrapbook-like blog, The Vibes, is colorful and full of art, photography, and notes from his travels.
How did you decide on the Chunk and Museo Slab fonts for The Vibes?
My blog is designed to look like a scrapbook, hence the Adventure Journal theme. After designing my own headers and backgrounds to extend the…
View original post 998 more words
Now, with this smart DIY trick, you can transfer a photo onto a slab of wood !! It’s really amazing !!
- 500g fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavoured liqueur
- 80g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 x 460g packaged double unfilled sponge
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee, cooled
- 2/3 cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Shaved dark chocolate, to serve
- Using an electric mixer, beat ricotta, sugar and liqueur for 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in chocolate.
- Using a serrated knife, cut cake horizontally into thirds. Place base on a plate. Brush with 1/3 of the coffee. Spread with 1/2 the ricotta. Place middle layer of cake on ricotta. Brush with 1/2 of the remaining espresso. Spread with remaining ricotta mixture. Brush cut side of sponge top with remaining coffee. Place over ricotta mixture, cut-side down.
- Combine icing sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Make a well in centre. Add butter and milk. Stir until combined. Spread over cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate. Serve.
- 60g butter
- 185ml (3/4 cup) water
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 200g dark chocolate, melted
- 500ml (2 cups) thickened cream
- 2 tbs pure icing sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp boiling water
- 1 tbs Baileys Coffee Irish Cream liqueur
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Stir butter and water in a saucepan over medium heat until butter melts and the mixture just comes to the boil. Remove from heat. Add the flour. Beat with a wooden spoon. Place pan over medium heat. Stir until mixture comes away from the side of the pan. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer mixture to a small bowl. Use an electric beater to beat in 1 tablespoon of egg at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is thick and glossy.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1.5cm-wide plain nozzle. Pipe mixture into 11cm logs onto prepared trays, allowing room for spreading. Lightly sprinkle the trays with water. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Turn oven off and leave eclairs in oven, with the door slightly ajar, to dry out. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Spread the top of the eclairs with the melted chocolate. Set aside to set.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream and icing sugar in a bowl until firm peaks form. Stir the coffee granules and boiling water in a bowl until the coffee dissolves. Fold the coffee mixture and Baileys into the cream mixture until combined. Spoon into a piping bag.
- Cut eclairs in half horizontally (don’t cut all the way through). Fill with coffee cream.
I’d like to welcome you to my new blog. Actually, it’s my first time blogging … and I’m soooo excited about it !!! You may notice that I’ll be posting about anything … anytime !! And I will try to keep my dear new blog updated as mush as I can, and I ensure that the content will be always, hopefully, interesting !! Hope you will enjoy your time here🙂
Stay tuned !!